Arabesque

November 09, 2014  •  Leave a Comment

I am not really into goods photography, but for once, I decided to give it a try. Creating an image suitable for jewelry advertisement sounded like an interesting challenge.

As nor my wife nor I possess any precious jewelry, fully designing one from scratch was the only option, not mentioning a fun one. My wife is quite good with a pencil, and she managed to sketch the main lines of the item on a piece of paper. I scanned it and used it as a reference in the project.

From there, I photographed a round, smooth metal bar that I deformed accordingly to create the legs, arms, torso and head of the ballet dancer. My expectations weren't too high, but in the end I was positively surprised by the result: this is definitely a technique I will use again, as it is not that hard and gives nice outputs. Very handy. That project was well worth it experience-wise!

Then, I photographed those little garnets flowers, moving them as needed to obtain the right angle for each shot. Then I assembled them on the canvas to create the dancer outfit. Technically not too hard (provided you have a macro lens and some lighting) but a bit time consuming.

Last but not least, photographing the cat did not work as expected: the model I originally wanted in my picture was not cooperating at all. In the end, one of my other cats came into the room with a posing mood, so I simply adjusted my plans! No regrets from that side, as I love how he looks in there :-)

 

ArabesqueArabesqueI am not really into goods photography, but for once, I decided to give it a try. Creating an image suitable for jewelry advertisement sounded like an interesting challenge.

As nor my wife nor I possess any precious jewelry, fully designing one from scratch was the only option, not mentioning a fun one. My wife is quite good with a pencil, and she managed to sketch the main lines of the item on a piece of paper. I scanned it and used it as a reference in the project.

From there, I photographed a round, smooth metal bar that I deformed accordingly to create the legs, arms, torso and head of the ballet dancer. My expectations weren't too high, but in the end I was positively surprised by the result: this is definitely a technique I will use again, as it is not that hard and gives nice outputs. Very handy. That project was well worth it experience-wise!

Then, I photographed those little garnets flowers, moving them as needed to obtain the right angle for each shot. Then I assembled them on the canvas to create the dancer outfit. Technically not too hard (provided you have a macro lens and some lighting) but a bit time consuming.

Last but not least, photographing the cat did not work as expected: the model I originally wanted in my picture was not cooperating at all. In the end, one of my other cats came into the room with a posing mood, so I simply adjusted my plans! No regrets from that side, as I love how he looks in there :-)


Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...

Archive
January February (5) March (1) April (2) May June July August September October (2) November (3) December
January (2) February (2) March (2) April May June July August (1) September October (2) November (2) December
January February March (1) April (3) May June (1) July August September (1) October November December
January February March April May June July August September October November December